Good Housekeeping Wood Blinds add warm, traditional look to your windows. Made from 100% basswood, Good Housekeeping Wood Blinds feature premium colors in warm whites and rich stains with furniture style finish that compliment your flooring, furniture, cabinetry and other existing wood finishes in your home. The 2" slat is versatile for its clean, classic appeal and proportions that work well in windows of most any size. Add your personal touch to your real wood blind with cloth tapes, optional rounded corners or upgrade to cordless, for cleaner cord free approach.
Information: Easy Cleaning: feature an anti-static, polymer finish that actually repels dust and dirt.
Color Choices: Choose from a variety of whites,off-whites and wood stains that capture wood's traditional beauty.
Premium Hardwood Slats
Good Housekeeping Basswood Blinds are available in one slat sizes:
2" - a classic look for any window
Eliminates pull cords, raise and lower the blind by moving the bottom rail into position. Enhances safety for young children and pets.
Offers a cleaner look in the window without lift cords and is an easier lift for larger window coverings.
A cord tilt located on the left opens and closes the slats.
A valance covers the mechanism while creating an elegant silhouette.
Durable hardware raises and lowers the blind. Traditional cord lock control provides for reliable and easy positioning of the blind. Simply pull the cord to raise the blind to the desired height, and the cord locks in place. Pull the cord again to release and lower the shade. The cord can be placed on the right or left side of the blind. A valance covers the mechanism while creating an elegant silhouette.
Tilt the slats open and close with a pull on traditional cord tilt mechanism or rotating wand tilt.
Faux Blinds are available with punched route holes in each slat or with the Routeless "no holes" design. This notching technique provides a sleek, linear look without distracting route holes.
Create your own look with designer cloth tapes in a variety of popular accent colors for unlimited design potential. The tapes are an alternative to the standard color-matched ladderbraid.
All Good Housekeeping
Wood Blinds come
standard with a valance,
color matched to the
slats with two returns.
Magnetic valance clips
securely attach the
valance to the head rail.
Bottom Rail Styles
The Trapezoidal Bottom Rail forms a tight light seal along the sill when the blind is tilted shut.
Somfy Wireless Motorization Upgrades
Somfy Wireless Motorized Lift System surcharge
includes a standard 12 volt battery wand with eight
AA lithium batteries. The remotes, extension wire
and transformer are sold separately and can be
used in conjunction with one another
Tilt your Wood Blinds with the pull of a cord or the turn of a wand.
Cleaning and Care
While beautiful and pleasing to they eye, all Good Housekeeping products are designed to be durable, easily cared for and easily cleaned.
Periodic dusting with a feather duster or vacuum cleaner brush is all Woodwinds Blinds should ever require. The exterior finish on Good Housekeeping Blinds resists chipping, cracking and fading and is inherently dust repellant.
If necessary, Good Housekeeping Blinds can be cleaned with soap and water to remove stains. Woodwinds Blinds are fully washable and will not warp if exposed to water or humid conditions.
Do not submerge head rails containing tilt motors. Water will damage and ruin the motor electronics.
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measure For Wood or Faux Wood Blinds
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will take an approximate 1/2 of an inch deduction from the total width to allow for brackets and correct installation.
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• Be sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window plus offer enough coverage to avoid light or privacy gap. 2 inches past the opening on EACH side is suggested if you do not have molding/trim.
• An Outside Valance with returns will be wider than the ordered width to accommodate covering the headrail and mount.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allow for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.