Aluminum blind products feature a heavy-duty line of stamped metal and injection molded plastic components. Providing for maximum strength and resistance to corrosion, 8-gauge are manufactured of 5086-H19 aluminum alloy. When formed during production, this alloy increases stability, creating a spring reaction that resists dents or bends in the aluminum slats. All aluminum slats have a signature pre-coating, which acts as an anti-static dust repellent. To ensure product reliability, all aluminum blind headrails and bottomrails are made of phosphate treated steel, finished with a vinyl primer and a top layer of polyester baked coating. Additionally, all internal hardware and components are manufactured of heavy-duty metal parts that are mechanically locked into the headrail channel by means of snap-in fittings.
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measure For Aluminum Blinds
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will take an approximate 1/2 of an inch deduction from the total width to a lot for brackets and correct installation.
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• Be sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window plus offer enough coverage to avoid light or privacy gap. 2 inches past the opening on EACH side is suggested if you do not have molding/trim.
• An Outside Valance with returns will be wider than the ordered width to accommodate covering the headrail and mount.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allot for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.