Comfortex Symphony 3_8 double cell Blackout is a room darkening product. This shade works well with all cord control options, but cord loop is always recommended as the best cord control support. R-Value is 5.0. The material on any blackout shade is heavier than light filtering.
Based upon a size of 24x36
This Comfortex product gives the blackout feature with the thermal protection of a cellular shade. These shades have a white backing towards the street side with a foil material between the cells. Cordless Ultra and smoothy cord loop headrails are always off-white. Smoothy headrails have a matching color insert for blind color. CAUTION: Inside mount blinds Fabric will measure ordered width less: 3/8" plus or minus 1/8" Headrail will measure ordered width less 3/16" plus or minus 1/8"
Symphony® Cellular Shades feature a patented double honeycomb design that provides the ultimate in energy efficient insulation for your home, while the elegant 3/8″ pleat offers a clean, classic look. Symphony Cellular Shades also block 99% of damaging UV rays.
All Symphony fabrics are available as Flame Resistant for commercial applications.
For those serious about insulating windows, Comfortex offers Symphony® Blackout Double Honeycomb Cellular Shades. Available in popular colors, the integrated foil technology maximizes the insulating properties of the non-woven polyester fabric and enhances its blackout capabilities. Beautify your home and take control of your drafty windows with The Insulator from Comfortex.
Also known as honeycomb construction, the double cell of symphony cellular fabric provides the greatest level of insulation possible. The insulating layer provides year round comfort. In the winter it keeps the warm air in and the cool air out and in the summer does just the opposite.
Pleat Size: 3/8″
Double cell energy efficient design with Integrated Foil Technology
Cell Size: 3/8″
99% Blackout capabilities – perfect for nurseries, bedrooms and media rooms.
Create a designer look with the Designer Oil Rubbed Bronze and Brushed Nickel Hardware on shades with Standard Rectangular, Top Down-Bottom Up, Cordless, Cordless Top Down-Bottom Up, Cord Loop, Skylight and Specialty Shaped Shades.
Our cellular fabric is a non woven polyester. You’ll benefit from:
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measure For Cellular Blinds
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will take an approximate 3/8 of an inch deduction from the total width (headrail and fabric) to allow for correct installation.
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• Be sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window plus offer enough coverage to avoid light or privacy gap. This is especially important if you have no trim and are installing to sheet rock or dry wall surface. 1-2 inches past the opening on EACH side is suggested if you do not have molding/trim.
• French doors-you should have a minimum of 1 inch past the glass on each side added to the glass measurement for coverage.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allot for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.
• French doors-Be sure to add 2 inches for mounting above glass on surface of door for installation brackets and 2 inches below for hold down bracket install.-Call us for more information on this type of install.