Our Brand Designer Roller Shades Style Ivy is heavy vertical stitched cabled fabric with various colored prints patterned on the surface of the shade.The Ivy like print come is various shades and colors. Special Caution!!!! Outside mount blinds and shades are installed outside the window casing, covering an area larger than the window itself. 1. Measure the exact width to be covered. Be sure the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 1 1/2" on each side (3" total overlap) to ensure light control and privacy. * For Solar or Roller Shades make sure the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 1.5" on each side (3" total overlap) to ensure light control and privacy.
Caution: look at specs to see the actual cloth width of ordered shades and adjust accordingly. NOTE: Picture shown on this page is general roller shade picture-please ask to see color swatches and "View colors" below to see actual fabric style. THIS FABRIC MAY BE SEAMED AT WIDER THAN 72 WIDTHS!!!!
Blindsexpress has taken this traditional, dependable window covering option and raised it to a new exciting level. Our window shades offer a wealth of possibilities. A variety of color, texture, hem styles, trim and pull options are available for you to customize your decor. Achieve that special, individualized look with our custom roller shades.
Designer Roller Shade Specifications
Minimums and Maximums
Cordless Roller Clutch Roller
Minimum width 18” 6”
Maximum width 73” 108”
Minimum height 12” 12”
Maximum height 96” 96”
Minimum depth required for an inside mount will vary depending on shade length, roller size and
fabric thickness. Click on extensive spec guide below for more.....
• Roller shade sizes are based on tip-to-tip measurements.
• Roller shade fabric is 1” less than the tip-to-tip measurement on shades
produced on 1 1/4” and 1 1/2” tubes.
• Roller shade fabric is 1 1/8” to 1 1/4” less than tip-to-tip measurement on
shades produced on 2” and 3” roller. (except Motorized - 1 7/8” difference)
• When ordering an outside mount shade, determine the width you desire
the fabric to be and add 1” for the tip-to-tip measurement.
• Additional fabric is added to ordered height to allow for roller coverage and
Sizes exceeding fabric width are made from railroaded cloth (using width for height) therefore any
pattern will run sideways. Railroading fabric will accommodate a wider width shade but will in turn
limit the height of the shade to the fabric width minus 12” unless the fabric is seamed.
Some fabrics are available with a horizontal seam to accommodate larger size shades.
Extensive Spec Guide Details!
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measuring for Roller Shades
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will make the correct deduction from the total width to allow for brackets and correct installation. Roller shades have generally large deductions due to the nature of the product (roller and hardware) -PLEASE CALL FOR SPECIFIC FABRIC AND TUBE DEDUCTIONS. Fabric is usually minimally- 1 1/8" or more from ordered width on inside mount .
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• For Solar Shades or Roller Shades, make sure the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 2" on each side to ensure light control and privacy.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allow for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.