Opacity (OPENNESS 100%) Shade is normally cut 1 inch narrower than the blind measure.
Solar Roller Shade Specifications
min width 15”W
max width 96”W
min height 24”L
max height 96”L
min inside mount
min outside mount
min flush mount
Roller Shades without Cassette Valance – min. depth for IB is 2 ¼” – flush depth is 3”
Roller Shades with Small Cassette Valance – min. depth for IB is 1 ¾” – flush depth is 2 7/8”
Roller Shades with Large Cassette Valance – min. depth for IB is 2 ¼” – flush depth is 4 1/8”
Small Cassette Depth 2.5” Height 2.25”
Large Cassette Depth 3.75” Height 3.375”
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measuring for Roller Shades
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will make the correct deduction from the total width to allow for brackets and correct installation. Roller shades have generally large deductions due to the nature of the product (roller and hardware) -PLEASE CALL FOR SPECIFIC FABRIC AND TUBE DEDUCTIONS. Fabric is usually minimally- 1 1/8" or more from ordered width on inside mount .
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• For Solar Shades or Roller Shades, make sure the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 2" on each side to ensure light control and privacy.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allow for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.