Good housekeeping Solar roller shade program is exclusive to Good Housekeeping and carries the Good Housekeeping seal of approval.
Good Housekeeping Solar Roller Shades combine easy operation with the ability
maintain your view while keeping the heat and the glare out. The Solarscreen 5%, Deco and Texture Screen fabric collections reduce sun glare and block UV rays while still allowing light to filter into the room. The mesh screen construction does not block your view to the outside. Screen fabrics are available with a variety of openness factors. You will have greater view with a higher openness factor and greater UV blockage with lower number, or less open.
Information: Standard roller is standard on all roller shades. Options now include the new Low Profile cassette headrail, Decor Bar cordless,Cordless Classic Cassette and Ez wireless Motorization.
VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CLICK ON SPECIFICATION GUIDE PDF FOR ROLLERS FOR FABRIC WIDTH DEDUCTIONS!!!! Roller Specifications
Fine Fabrics, Performance-Proven Hardware
Good Housekeeping roller shades combine an expansive collection of luxurious fabrics with the proven performance of three classic hardware systems:
Standard Roller (standard)
Low Profile Cassette
Smooth Lift Cordless Roller (optional upgrade)
This traditional hardware uses a sturdy aluminum tube for durability.
The fabric rolls from the back of the shade using a bead chain loop that operates smoothly and always stays the same length no matter if the shade is open or closed.
Roll style: Standard or reverse
Cord options: Bead chain only
Cord color: White, black, bronze or steel
Clutch color: White or black.
Bottom Rail Style:
Fabric Wrapped Bottom Rail
The shade fabric is wrapped around an elliptical grooved rail. Two clear plastic end caps secure the fabric in place. The result is an attractive look which enhances the overall appearance of the shade.
Select from black, bronze and white.
The Cassette is white head rail that includes a matching fabric strip.
The head rail completely conceals the shade from view.
The shade is raised and lowered by either a beaded cord, polyester cord loop or the Smooth Lift Cordless option.
The Motorized Lift System is available with these fabrics
The Smooth Lift Cordless Roller option is built standard with the Deco-Bar mounting rail.
You raise and lower the shade by pulling down on the bottom rail.
Smooth Lift Cordless Rollers are always white.
The Motorized Lift System is not available with Smooth Lift.
Smooth Lift with Deco-bar is available with these fabrics.
Designer Metallic Hardware Options
Create a designer look with the Designer Oil Rubbed Bronze hardware on UltraSleek Hardware.
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measuring for Roller Shades
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will make the correct deduction from the total width to allow for brackets and correct installation. Roller shades have generally large deductions due to the nature of the product (roller and hardware) -PLEASE CALL FOR SPECIFIC FABRIC AND TUBE DEDUCTIONS. Fabric is usually minimally- 1 1/8" or more from ordered width on inside mount .
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• For Solar Shades or Roller Shades, make sure the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 2" on each side to ensure light control and privacy.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allow for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.