Odysee features flexible fabric vanes that when compressed provide an open view through and when expanded into cells, provide superior window insulation. Available with both light filtering and room darkening fabric collections, the white color to the exterior not only provides a uniform external appearance but also aids in the reflection of heat and protects against damaging ultraviolet rays. Odysee provides year-round energy savings providing up to 71% more insulation then compared to standard horizontal wood blinds. Odysee Insulating Blinds are both beautiful and durable. Odysee combines all the functionality of a blind, plus the tremendous benefit of superior insulation. The color choices in two fabric options, will appeal to a broad spectrum of designers.
Room darkening is available for a 10% surcharge. Cord loops have a integrated clutch locking system that will automatically stop and lock in position when cord is released. When pulling the cord the opposite way, the slats open.
Odysee Insulating Blinds features
Odysee™ Insulating Blinds offer the convenient operation of a blind with the soft fabric look and feel of a shade. Innovative fully functional vanes compress to offer a clear view and expand to 1" cells to provide significant insulation for year round energy efficiency.
The Worlds Only Insulating Blind
Odysee vanes expand to help block drafts in the winter and are white to the outside to provide a uniform exterior appearance and help reflect the heat in the summer.
The Standard Collection of fabrics are available with color coordinated hardware with standard pull cord (optional upgrade to continuous cord loop).
Color Coordinated Hardware with standard pull cord for fabrics available with colors in our standard fabric collection.
Continuous Cord Loop Hardware with Color Coordinated Hardware for fabrics available with colors in our standard fabric collection.
Cleaning and Care
While beautiful and pleasing to the eye, all Comfortex products are designed to be durable, easily cared for and easily cleaned. Regular feather dusting or vacuuming will keep Odysee™ Insulating Blinds looking new for years.
Odysee Insulating Blinds can be spot cleaned. Gently blot the stain with a clean, non-alcohol baby wipe. Instead of a baby wipe, you may use a clean white cloth with a mild cleaning solution. Support the fabric from behind using another clean, dry cloth. Clean the fabric using a gentle blotting action. Do not rub the fabric. Any abrasive action may cause the fabric to pill or distort. Allow the fabric to air dry with vanes expanded.
Forced air can also be used to blow out dirt and debris from within the vanes using clean compressed air or a hair dryer on the COOL setting.
Odysee Insulating Blinds can also be ultrasonically cleaned. Comfortex acknowledges these cleaning methods as being safe and effective. We cannot attest to the quality of equipment or services provided by any independent cleaning facility.
Comprehensive Odysee Specifications
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measure For Cellular Blinds
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will take an approximate 3/8 of an inch deduction from the total width (headrail and fabric) to allow for correct installation.
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• Be sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window plus offer enough coverage to avoid light or privacy gap. This is especially important if you have no trim and are installing to sheet rock or dry wall surface. 1-2 inches past the opening on EACH side is suggested if you do not have molding/trim.
• French doors-you should have a minimum of 1 inch past the glass on each side added to the glass measurement for coverage.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allot for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.
• French doors-Be sure to add 2 inches for mounting above glass on surface of door for installation brackets and 2 inches below for hold down bracket install.-Call us for more information on this type of install.