Good Housekeeping Insulating Cellular Shades provide superior insulation all year round. Thanks to their honeycomb structure, Good Housekeeping Cellular Shades trap air, keeping rooms warm in the winter and cooler in the summer. Available in today's most popular decorating colors and exclusive patterns, the non-woven polyester fabric on your Good Housekeeping Cellular Shades are durable and washable, so you will always have a crisp and clean look for your home. The fabric is always white to the outside, blocking almost 100% of damaging UV rays from entering your home and fading your furnishings. Your Good Housekeeping Shades can be customized with a variety of reliable lift options to ensure you will find the perfect window treatment for your home.
Based upon a size of 24x36
Room darkening is available for a 10% surcharge, Marble room darkening is 20% surcharge and Light Filtering Marble is 10% surcharge. Standard hardware features two cords: One to open and close the vanes and the other to lift the blind.
Good Housekeeping Insulating Blinds features
Good Housekeeping Insulating Blinds offer the convenient operation of a blind with the soft fabric look and feel of a shade. Innovative fully functional vanes compress to offer a clear view and expand to 1" cells to provide significant insulation for year round energy efficiency.
The Worlds Only Insulating Blind
Odysee vanes expand to help block drafts in the winter and are white to the outside to provide a uniform exterior appearance and help reflect the heat in the summer. Shown at left with cord loop option.
|The Standard Collection of fabrics are available with color coordinated hardware with standard pull cord (optional upgrade to continuous cord loop).|
A certain level of flare is
common on the sides of the
vane. This characteristic is
designed into the blind to
assist in closure when the
vanes are fully expanded.
It is not uncommon to have
very small gaps between the
vanes; however, the gaps
should not be large enough
for you to “view through” to
The bottom vane is designed
to stay flat and may appear
extra. In addition, some
blinds may need an extra
vane in order for the blind to
reach the bottom sill. When
the vanes are expanded, the
extra vane may be partially
compressed because of the
size of the window.
Filtering and Room Darkening Vanes?
Due to the differences between the light filtering
and room darkening base material, slight color
variations may exist. These slight color variations are
within established industry standards and should be
While beautiful and pleasing to the eye, all Good Housekeeping products are designed to be durable, easily cared for and easily cleaned. Regular feather dusting or vacuuming will keep this Insulating Blinds looking new for years.
Good Housekeeping Insulating Blinds can be spot cleaned. Gently blot the stain with a clean, non-alcohol baby wipe. Instead of a baby wipe, you may use a clean white cloth with a mild cleaning solution. Support the fabric from behind using another clean, dry cloth. Clean the fabric using a gentle blotting action. Do not rub the fabric. Any abrasive action may cause the fabric to pill or distort. Allow the fabric to air dry with vanes expanded.
Forced air can also be used to blow out dirt and debris from within the vanes using clean compressed air or a hair dryer on the COOL setting.
Comprehensive Insulating Cell Specifications
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measure For Cellular Blinds
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will take an approximate 3/8 of an inch deduction from the total width (headrail and fabric) to allow for correct installation.
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• Be sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window plus offer enough coverage to avoid light or privacy gap. This is especially important if you have no trim and are installing to sheet rock or dry wall surface. 1-2 inches past the opening on EACH side is suggested if you do not have molding/trim.
• French doors-you should have a minimum of 1 inch past the glass on each side added to the glass measurement for coverage.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allot for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.
• French doors-Be sure to add 2 inches for mounting above glass on surface of door for installation brackets and 2 inches below for hold down bracket install.-Call us for more information on this type of install.