Good Housekeeping Polymer Blinds combine the beauty and elegance of wood with the added benefits of man made materials. Available in a broad assortment of colors, Good Housekeeping Polymer Blinds are easy to clean and very resistant to heat and humidity. Designed to endure everyday family living, Polymer Blinds are the perfect choice for kitchens, laundry rooms and bathrooms. A valance covers the proven hardware system.
Information: Performance and extraordinary value: will resist warping, cracking, chipping and fading.
Easy Cleaning: feature an anti-static, polymer finish that actually repels dust and dirt.
Color Choices: Choose from a variety of whites and off-whites that capture wood's traditional beauty.
The classic, smooth 2-inch flat slat is a timeless favorite that blends with countless home interiors.
Made from a combination of American hardwood and engineered thermal polymers, Woodwinds Wood Alloy resists warping, cracking, chipping and fading. Each slat is covered with a scratch resistant coating to protect it from everyday wear and tear.
Consistent Finish and Color
The UV-stable wood alloy material will retain its original color for the lifetime of the product. Whites or wood tones, each color remains true.
Protecting the Environment
Good Housekeeping recreated the traditional beauty of 100% wood blinds without cutting down a single tree. Woodwinds Wood Alloy Blinds are made with a patented process that uses recycled wood, protecting forests and the environment.
Faux Blinds are available with punched route holes in each slat or with the Routeless "no holes" design. This notching technique provides a sleek, linear look without distracting route holes.
Create your own look with designer cloth tapes in a variety of popular accent colors for unlimited design potential. The tapes are an alternative to the standard color-matched ladderbraid.
The Crown Valance presents an elegant silhouette with curves that flare gently toward the ceiling. Both are comprised of Wood Alloy material.
Bottom Rail Styles
The Trapezoidal Bottom Rail forms a tight light seal along the sill when the blind is tilted shut.
Somfy Wireless Motorization Upgrades
Somfy Wireless Motorized Lift System surcharge
includes a standard 12 volt battery wand with eight
AA lithium batteries. The remotes, extension wire
and transformer are sold separately and can be
used in conjunction with one another
Tilt your Wood Alloy Blinds with the pull of a cord or the turn of a wand.
Cleaning and Care
While beautiful and pleasing to they eye, all Good Housekeeping products are designed to be durable, easily cared for and easily cleaned.
Periodic dusting with a feather duster or vacuum cleaner brush is all Woodwinds Blinds should ever require. The exterior finish on Good Housekeeping Blinds resists chipping, cracking and fading and is inherently dust repellant.
If necessary, Good Housekeeping Blinds can be cleaned with soap and water to remove stains. Woodwinds Blinds are fully washable and will not warp if exposed to water or humid conditions.
Do not submerge head rails containing tilt motors. Water will damage and ruin the motor electronics.
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measure For Wood or Faux Wood Blinds
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will take an approximate 1/2 of an inch deduction from the total width to allow for brackets and correct installation.
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• Be sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window plus offer enough coverage to avoid light or privacy gap. 2 inches past the opening on EACH side is suggested if you do not have molding/trim.
• An Outside Valance with returns will be wider than the ordered width to accommodate covering the headrail and mount.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allow for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.