Window Blinds are our specialty at Blinds Express is a division of Window Flair Inc.
Window Flair Inc.
29 Pointe Vintage Drive
Rochester, NY 14626
Window Flair Inc. has been in the retail window treatment, carpet and flooring business in Rochester, NY for 43 years.
Window Flair Inc. is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau with a spotless record for customer satisfaction and service.
Contact Customer service for any questions or problems at 1.800.836.4488.
Our major partners in the Window Blind business are , Comfortex ,Bali Blinds , Graber , M&B Blinds,Levolor, Kirsch, Norman Shutters, Norman Blinds and many of the other small partners that make us service our customers.
A window blind is a covering for a window , usually attached to the interior side of a window. It simply refers to some device to hide from sight (thus "blinding" the viewer) or to reduce sunlight. There are several kinds of blinds, including:
- Slat blinds, which consist of many horizontal, flat slats, usually of metal or vinyl , connected with string in a way that they can be rotated to allow light to pass between the slats, rotated up to about 170 degrees to hide the light, or pulled up so that the entire window is clear. (So special version pulling up diagonally or even down mostly mechanical or with hand winder). The rotation of the blinds is achieved by rotating a connector attached to the strings or by pulling a cord; the raising and lowering of the blinds is achieved by pulling a different string. However, there also exists version with a winding mechanisms that combine both functions into one winding rod and can mostly also be used for motorization. Such blinds include:
- Venetian blinds, basic slatted blind made of metal or plastic; wooden slats are sometimes used but these are usually referred to as wood blinds or bamboo blinds. Venetian blinds were introduced around 1770 , possibly in Venice , Italy . Slat width can be between 50-120mm, however most common are 50mm).
- Miniblinds, Venetian blinds with very narrow slats (usually 19 or 24mm wide).
- Vertical blinds, or track blinds, consisting of slats of stiffened fabric, plastic, or metal hanging by one end from a track; like the horizontal versions, the slats can be rotated 90 degrees to allow light to pass through or to fold up on one side of a door or window.
- Solid blinds, which either roll up or fold up but cannot be opened in place to allow light through. These are also often referred to as window blinds . Such blinds include:
- Holland blinds , or roller shades, which are pull-down rolling window blinds.
- Woven-wood blinds, which are slats of decorative wood , bamboo , or other natural material woven together with simple string, colored yarn , or other decorative material to make a nearly solid blind; these either roll up out of the way or fold up out of the way. Wood blinds are known for their energy efficiency, and greater light control, as well as being economical alternatives to shutters.
- Pleated Shade , which are pleated fabric shades that pull up to sit flat at the top of a window. Cordless pleated shades are now available from many blind manufacturers..
Fabric Roman Shade
- , made of fabric or Woven Wood Shade , that pull up by having each section of the shade fold behind a higher section. Fabric Roman Shades are thought of as being easy to operate, and for extremely efficient insulation.