Exterior Solar Shades make it easy to enjoy the benefits of Solar Shades year-round. They are installed to the outside of your window or patio to block the sun's rays before they reach your window. * Ideal for patios, decks and south-facing windows * Stops heat transference to keep interior cool * Reduces air-conditioning costs * Maintains view to the outside * Blocks UV rays to protect furniture, carpets and belongings * Light colors block more UV rays, dark colors provide a better view to the outside * Choose low openness (5%) for better UV blockage and privacy, select high openness (10%) for a better view to the outside
Limited five-year warranty on: Exterior Solar Shades IMPORTANT: Shades must be fully raised during inclement weather and windy conditions. What is Covered This product is warranted against original defects in materials or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product provided that: 1. the product was properly installed on a residential/commercial dwelling; 2. the product was made or assembled exclusively from Springs Window Fashions materials and components; 3. Springs Window Fashions recommendations were followed with regard to limitations and specifications.
Exterior Solar Roller Shades
The standard continuous-loop lift system provides easy operation of window treatments. A powerful clutch lifts the shade and holds it steady without the cord loop changing length. Included safety tension device keeps the cord out of reach of children and pets to eliminate dangling cord hazards.
Choose how your fabric will roll over the tube — standard orientation (to the back) provides optimal light control, while reverse roll (to the front) will project the fabric away from the window to make room for obstructions like window handles or cranks. Reverse roll is not available with Cassette Valance.
Add a cassette valance to your window treatment to create a unique visual effect. Available in two sizes on continuous-loop shades lift systems. Available in white, vanilla and brown. Cassettes have a powder-coated finish and are rated for outdoor use. Cassette valances must be ordered at the same time as the shade. If ordering shades for multiple window sizes, please be sure to specify valance size on order to ensure all are manufactured with same size valance.
Tips To Remember:
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measuring for Roller Shades
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will make the correct deduction from the total width to allow for brackets and correct installation. Roller shades have generally large deductions due to the nature of the product (roller and hardware) -PLEASE CALL FOR SPECIFIC FABRIC AND TUBE DEDUCTIONS. Fabric is usually minimally- 1 1/8" or more from ordered width on inside mount .
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• For Solar Shades or Roller Shades, make sure the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 2" on each side to ensure light control and privacy.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allow for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.