• 2-1/2" ShutterBlinds (Smooth Finish) - Flat slat. Available with our normal routed construction or our unique routeless construction that minimizes light and ensures privacy. Available in 4 white colors and 5 stain colors.
• Includes 3” Sculpted Wood Valance with 2-1/2” Blinds.
• Choose our Routeless Option to reduce light and ensure greater privacy on 2" or 2-1/2" blinds.
Sunrise Premium 2.5” Basswood Blinds are made from 100% kiln dried Basswood.
Available in 4 White Colors and 5 Stain Colors.
Slats are flat with a smooth finish.
General Specification Information – Applies to ShutterBlinds
Slats, valance, bottomrail, cord tassels, and plugs are color coordinated to match.
ShutterBlinds are available with our normal routed construction or with our unique routeless construction that minimizes light and ensures privacy.
Routeless Construction has no route holes in the slats, lift cords are attached to the string ladders. Top 2 slats are notched in the front and back of the slats at each ladder position. All other slats are notched in the back at each ladder position.
3” Valance is included at no extra charge.
Minimum width for single blind is 8” net width. Blinds made with a net width less than 9.5" are subject to a $15 surcharge and are not covered by our warranty.
Maximum width for single blind is 96” net width. Consult your price list for warranty specifications on larger blinds. Single blinds in the area right of the double line are not covered by warranty.
Mounting hardware is included. Mounting brackets are hinged, open boxes that can mount from the side, top or back of the window. Hold downs, spacer blocks and extensions brackets are included upon request. Because the headrail is 2" and the slats are 2.5", spacer blocks must be used on an outside mount blind to allow the slats to hang straight. Inside mount blinds should be hung approximately 3/8" away from the back of the window depth.
Inside mount blinds – headrail and slats made 0.5” smaller than width ordered.
Outside mount blinds – headrail and slats made to exact width ordered.
Standard 2” x 2” Headrail Only. Headrails are 2", slats are 2.5". Spacer blocks must be used on an outside mount blind to allow the slats to hang straight. Inside mount blinds should be hung approximately 3/8" away from the back of the window depth.
Standard IB valance is 0.375” larger than the headrail or 0.125” less than the ordered width of an IB blind.
See below for OB valance specifications which vary by type of blind.
Wand tilter is not available on blinds with a net width over 9".
Cord tilter is a drum type, helical gear driven by a worm enclosed casing. Wand tilter only for blinds with a net width of 9" or less.
Tapes drums are heavy duty nylon plastic.
Tilt rod is solid steel with a corrosion-resistant finish.
Lift Cord is polyester. Ladder, tapes, and cord designed to meet or exceed commercial item specification No. 1029-86.
Cord and End Lock is steel with zinc coating.
Decorative Cloth Tape is not available.
RollEase Continuous Cord Lift System is not available.
Made from 100% kiln dried Basswood. Visible variations in color, grain, and texture are natural characteristics.
All wood components are color coordinated to match with finished ends.
The face of a standard OB valance will be 1.5” larger than the headrail width. Returns will be 3.25”, mitre-cut and glued to the face of the valance. All valance measurements are from the widest point on the face of the valance.
Use a steel measuring tape
Round down to the nearest 1/8" for width
Round up to the nearest 1/8" for height
See Product Specifications for more specific product info.
Sizes should always be provided in this format: Width x Height
On any measurement given, the factory does have a +/- 1/8 of an inch variance allowance.
Measure For Wood or Faux Wood Blinds
Inside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
• Take the smallest of the three measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
• The factory will take an approximate 1/2 of an inch deduction from the total width to a lot for brackets and correct installation.
Inside Mount Height
• Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three spots across window.
• Take the largest of the three measurements.
Outside Mount Width
• Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame (outer edge) OR how wide you want the product to be.
• Be sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window plus offer enough coverage to avoid light or privacy gap. 2 inches past the opening on EACH side is suggested if you do not have molding/trim.
• An Outside Valance with returns will be wider than the ordered width to accommodate covering the headrail and mount.
Outside Mount Height
• Measure the top and bottom edge of window frame/trim. If no trim, be sure you provide the height you want the shade to be from top of the headrail to bottom of the bottom rail.
• Be sure to allot for coverage for light control and mounting hardware if mounting above window opening to wall surface. You will need 2 inches of surface area to mount above opening. Call us for further instruction if needed.