• Made of hand-selected premium hardwood that is treated with Prescription Wood
Conditioning™ technique according to the moisture content of the final installation location to
reduce post-installation shrinking and swelling.
• Louvers are made of quarter-sawn wood to ensure generations of durability. This tight,
straight and parallel grain also enriches wood character in stain finish.
• Multiple stile options available in various sizes to accommodate different window designs.
Use Astragal or Rabbet stile as a natural light block between panels.
• The appearance of furniture quality finish and the exceptional craftsmanship gives Sussex
shutters an instant feeling of art.
• Quick and easy on-site installation with the pre-installed magnets and hinges, as well as
pre-mitered frames and slotted keyholes.
• A wide range of innovative frame designs, including frames with inserts that keep installation
screws out of sight for a clean and decorative look.
• A labor-intensive hand finishing process that involves multiple sanding and coatings with
fine layers of stain or paint to achieve a translucent and polished appearance.
• Reinforced engineered stile-- Multiple layers of wood bonded together to reinforce durability
to the core of the stile, which results in a robust support system for the shutter panel.
• Special panel and frame design that is custom cut to accommodate unique windows.
Create unity or attract attention with Sussex's exclusive decorative elements.
• Employs mortise and tenon joinery that resists shear and racking forces endured by shutters
to ensure prolonged quality and durability.
• Personalize shutters with special options. Choose from fixed louvers, center or offset tilt
rod, double hung panels, café shutters, track systems, French door cutout, specialty shapes
and many more.
• Available in a multitude of painted and stained colors that can match the style of any home.
• A guarantee of Norman’s exemplary quality with a lifetime limited warranty on materials and
Build Your Shutter
Place your mouse over icons for explanations of options and product selection assistance